This recipe came from Epicurious
(Makes 8 servings)
- 2 ripe peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds total), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 (750-ml) chilled bottle Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- About 1 1/2 cups seltzer or club soda, chilled
- Garnish: mint sprigs
- Purée peaches with lemon juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar in a blender until smooth. Blend in more sugar if desired. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher, pressing on and then discarding solids. Stir in Prosecco.
- Pour into 8 (10-ounces) glasses filled halfway with ice. Top off with seltzer.
Cooks' note: Peach purée can be made 1 day ahead and chilled (it will be slightly less vibrant).